New Tech Graduation is being held on Friday, May 24th at 3 p.m. Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
Manor Senior High Graduation is being held on Friday, May 24th at 7 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Both ceremonies will take place at the Travis County Expo Center at 7311 Decker Ln, Austin, TX 78724
Parking and Entering
All gates to the Expo Center will be open for the ceremony. Parking attendants will be on hand to assist, please follow their directions to find the best available space. Accessible parking will be located near the entrance for those with special needs.
Instruction for students prior to the Ceremony:
- Be on time Please make sure you are on time for pre-ceremony preparations. If you arrive after the procession has begun you will not be allowed to march.
- Personal Items Please make necessary arrangements to give your valuables such as purse or cameras to a family member prior to the Pre-Ceremony.
- Remain in the waiting area You will be placed in line, regalia will be checked, and the pronunciation of your name will be confirmed. It is critical that you remain in place during this time as we prepare you for the procession.
- Do not alter the appearance of robe or cap and dress appropriately
Men: It is recommended that men wear dark trousers or khakis with a belt, dark socks, shoes, and a tucked in, neatly-pressed, light-colored dress shirt with a dark tie underneath an academic gown. Jeans and shorts, sandals, flip flops, and tennis shoes are not permitted. The cap is worn flat on the head. Caps cannot be decorated.
Women: Women graduates should wear dark slacks, dress, or skirt, and a light-colored dress blouse with dark shoes. Extremely high heels are not recommended for reasons of safety and comfort, flats or pumps are suggested. Sandals, flip flops, and tennis shoes are not permitted. The cap is worn flat on the head. Caps cannot be decorated.
We ask that everyone in attendance be respectful of each other. We all have someone special that we are celebrating. There is plenty of space for all to view graduation.
- Arriving early: Please be sure your family and guests aim to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony. Please do not rope off sections of seating for your family.
- Young children with strollers: Due to fire marshal regulations, strollers will be allowed in the auditorium but should be collapsed and placed to the side of the auditorium. All attendees (including children) must be carried into the stands.
- Accessibility Seating: If you are needing accessibility seating please contact your campus secretary for feasibility instructions.
During the Ceremony:
- No Helium Balloons: We are not permitted to have any type of helium balloons inside the Expo center. We recommend that you leave them in the car for your graduate and present them afterward in the parking lot.
- No cell phones: Cell phones are to be turned off or switched to the silent operating mode. Do not speak on a cell phone or carry on a conversation during the ceremony as this prevents others from hearing and enjoying the ceremony.
- Be respectful: Commencement is both a joyous and solemn event. Please express your excitement in ways that will not prevent others from hearing the speaker and enjoying the ceremony. Use of air horns or voice magnifiers are prohibited.
We appreciate you, your family, and friends observing the appropriate etiquette as stated above. This will allow everyone to share and enjoy a memorable and dignified Commencement ceremony.